Thursday 22 August 2013

Oh, I have thoughts

I don't know how many of them will actually make it into the post, though, because one of my current thoughts is that I have a massively ignorant truck for a neighbour at the moment. Downstairs neighbour, even, which lets you know the extensive effort it must have taken for him (I'm assuming him, just because) to be so annoying to me and probably everyone else in every apartment anywhere near him.

Listen, I know it's the time of year when the college students are moving into the building and that it's possible that this person has never lived away from home before, but c'mon. Common sense, right? Even if you have nowhere to be and have the leisure to be playing with the audio after midnight doesn't mean that we're all in the same boat. Night before last I wasn't sleeping (yeah, where have you heard that before?) when around 12:30 the distinctive thumping of house music started. House music? In your one-room apartment after midnight? Really? Last night I was especially tired and was sure I'd finally get some proper sleep, when what I can only figure was one of those very cinematic video games started playing. And went on and on and on and was still going strong when I finally got to sleep sometime around 2 am.

Idiot. Headphones, ok? And you've probably guessed that this person isn't actually a truck. Just play rhymes with and it'll make much more sense.

----------

In other annoying news, I decided to wear my hair loose in the back today rather than ponytail it for the first time in months, and boy is this never happening again until I get a haircut. I have about a two year growth on this ratty head of mine just now, and to feel it all over my shoulders and getting caught up between my back and the chair is really frustrating.

My two fans have heard this before many times, but I'm not all that fond of my hair. It's very fine and very straight (those ads for shampoos that will flatten your curls bemuse me a whole lot), and on top of that it grows very fast. So, fine hair that's just going to grow out of a style anyway doesn't get styled much. I usually at least pin it in front (like it is right now), but lately I've just been tying the whole mess back and ignoring it. Except today, and I wish I hadn't suddenly decided this morning that the clips would be fine on their own.

Stupid hair.

Stupid lack of sleep.

Stupid trucks.




I think that I should probably stop typing now, before everything else becomes stupid.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I'll switch hair with you. With all our rain and humidity I have a full afro. Not that meaning that is a bad thing. But I am not creative with hair either. Thinking about getting it cut to about a fourth of an inch. We live on two acres. But our only next door house, at times the brother comes over a midnight and cranks up his car radio outside. Sometimes he is drunk and rides all over their two acres on his zero mower. Now, that, I'll get up at 2am to see. Lucky for us, most times, no one is over there because the owners, his sister and brother in law work in Alaska. But still highly annoying. My last apartment living I knew I could never do that again. First the nieghbor who shared my wall died in bed. Three weeks later found him. and the upstairs had a walking baby. Nope never living in an apartment again, ever. I still have nightmares.

Related Posts with Thumbnails