Saturday 31 August 2013

So then...

After I posted yesterday (well, and then did some other stuff) I went to check the animals before I left for the day. I generally try to give them a quick check a couple of times a day. Salamanders? Fine. Snake? Um...

There's another snake. Another tiny snake.

Yep, our snake's having babies.

This is a fairly new snake to us, and when she was brought in she looked very wide. A couple of the staffers figured that maybe she was pregnant. Then after a while she started looking less wide, so we guessed that maybe she'd just had a really big meal and was taking her reptilian time to digest everything.

Well, as of yesterday afternoon the first guess was right.

So far it looks like there's only one, but there's a very good possibility that any others are just hiding. No idea how long this will take, but she's still looking bulgy so I'd imagine that there's more to come.

I'll keep you posted.

----------

Just thought I'd address something quickly. For any of my two fans who are wondering why the other blog has stagnated (and I didn't think that anyone really noticed until I got a note from someone the other day wondering what was up), it just has to do with the wrist injury I gave myself what... months ago now? For anyone new to the program, I sprained my wrist. It happens sometimes. An old injury makes the joint weak. Anyway, I sprained my wrist, braced it up, and then a few weeks later stupidly took the brace off too soon.

Sprain number two.

I left the brace on long enough this time to give myself a raging case of eczema (I'd take pictures, but you don't need that), and other than my skin things are healing up fine. It's still weak, though, and one of the ways that manifests itself is that if I use my hand too intensely for a period of time the wrist gets tired and my hand gets shaky. It's been inconvenient, to say the least. For a while even using keypads for debit cards and the like was frustrating. Two numbers into a PIN and I'd wonder if I'd have enough aim to get the last ones in.

Needless to say, this has been a pain for someone who likes to do pen and ink work. You need control for that crap kind of stuff.

It's getting better now, and if IF would only give a prompt word that was actually inspiring to me you might see something posted on the artsy side soon.

Unless I sprain the damned thing again.

----------

One last thing, just because it made me laugh. My favourite photo caption of the day, which unfortunately is part of a slideshow so I can't give you a direct link:

Pope Francis photobombs a selfie in Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican

Our world is a veeeery strange place...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails