Tuesday 13 August 2013

OMG THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE BLOG

 To be fair, there are likely some spiders in there somewhere as well. You know, for anyone who might have missed them.

Anyway, here's a little of what I've been up to in the past day or so, and yes, I have permission to post these photos. I'll give those of you on facebook and instagram a moment to digest that. Yep, some of us still like to have permission from people before we post personal photographs. Odd, right?

Anyway (again), these are my nephews. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, but it was getting late and between the light levels and the busyness of the boys I should have been on a faster shutter speed. It's enough to give the idea, though, and I suppose it gives the truck race below an artsy feel of speed or something.

 The boys (and, funnily enough, my brother and sister-in-law) have been visiting Alberta for this past week. It's the first time for the kids, and the first time that I've met them. We spent most of yesterday out at a corn maze, and other than the lobstery looks I have from the parts of my skin that are usually covered by my work t-shirt but weren't yesterday (let's just say that I have an interesting pink vee on my chest and I'm a genuine redneck today. And a redforehead as well from not having my work hat on, although that's not as Alberta cliché) it was a pretty good time. Lots to do out there
besides mazing (and a good thing, too, because we were pretty bad at that part), and between having rubber duck races using hand pumps -- every parent of young kids should have a hand water pump in the back yard, I've now decided -- and shooting produce at an old bus with air cannons, I think the boys had fun.

They head off tomorrow, and of course I head back to taking pictures of spiders. Probably a good thing, really. This had to've come close to giving the blog a point, and we all know that if this blog comes to a point it'll turn into a pumpkin.

Frankly, I'm not that much fond of orange. Or glass slippers.

----------

One last thing: International Left-handers Day today. Try not to cut yourself with that, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails