Thursday 3 July 2014

Holy weird day Batman

You were going to get a real post. Sure, it was going to be about jewellery again (The Shopping Channel's having a jewellery clearance today. That gives me so much joy of stupid that you may still get a post about it tomorrow), but it would have been a semi-organised thought-about post, at least. Instead?

Well, amongst other things I became the accidentally-designated sugar provider at work today. Stopped on my way in to get some Timbits for everyone with a gift card I had (and no one was in the drive-through. I've seen a line-up at that drive-through at 6 am. This morning? Empty. I was worried that it might be the zombie apocalypse). Then, work stuff, and if I was a Seinfeld fan I'd probably just say yada yada yada and leave it at that. I probably could anyway, since you got a glimpse of work yesterday. Let's just say, then, that I did assorted work things and when I felt myself getting a monitor/air conditioning headache decided to grab the camera and head out to the lake to take pictures of duck bums.

Yeah, duck bums. Here's one I took last year (or whenever. I take a lot of pictures of duck bums).

Anyway, when I got back I noticed on twitter (twitter counts as one of the work things. I still have trouble believing that) that a local radio station was delivering slurpees and that if you replied your office might be on the list. I replied, naturally. I mean, free stuff from a radio station, right? And the free publicity to our followers, the station's followers (and 7-11)... social media's weird. I joked about it to my coworkers.

We were their first stop. I'm officially the Sugar Fairy.

For today, at least. I'm not planning a return performance for a little while. We're sugared up enough for the moment.

And now it's home time for me, so I really should wrap things up. I won't promise much of a post tomorrow since the week's been so bizarre, but I'll try.





No duck bums or slurpees, though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails