Friday 11 July 2014

How hot is it?

So hot even the fish are looking for shade.

Yes, I know that's not a joke. But we can pretend that the peekaboo fish head is doing something less boring than being a fish, right?

So how hot is it? Hot, sweaty, and gross. In my apartment, that is. Full south-facing, remember? And with the weatherpeople gleefully predicting that the rest of July is going to be freaking hot (the official term, yes), my stupid apartment should be running at about 35C in a few days. Which leads to no sleep -- although that finally happened last night -- which in turn leads to total non-function for Yours Irritatedly. Irritated as in, why exactly do people think it's a GOOD thing to have the highs approaching (and possibly exceeding) 30C? I mean, seriously. That's too hot. The only people happy in that sort of weather are kids in splash pools.

Expect a lot of cranky in the next while.

Anyway, I need to get back to work. Today's tea? Chocolate Chili Chai. It's fine. I mean, it's pleasant enough, but a) I wouldn't especially consider it a chai (yes, I know that chai just means tea. But really, when you think of chai don't you think of spicy Indian-style tea?), and b) it needs more chili.

Yes, I just said that.

As it stands, it's a tea with chocolate and a slight hint of chili. Not exactly what chili seekers would... um, seek. It's fine, though, and I won't have any trouble finishing it. And maybe brewing it a little stronger next time will help.



Gee, didn't you miss tea reviews?  I know I did, because it at least gives me a topic for the blather. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails