Friday 8 August 2014

Tea, and a note about cats

It's a very rainy day here, which I suppose goes well with our hailstorm last night. I was at the mall -- or just getting ready to leave the mall -- when that happened. I waited until the hail slowed down, but I needed to get home so I went to the car while it was still pouring. I got totally soaked, and yes, there were a couple of stares (especially because I didn't run). My only answer? I work at a nature centre. Wet isn't exactly a big deal.

----------

And now, on to the reason for the post title. First, tea, since I mentioned it first and all. I've finally gotten around to trying the last of the free tea samples that came with my June order. Caramel Corn. I'd been dreading it. I've tried it now, though, and I'm about to say something that I never thought I'd say about this company:

What were they thinking?

It's awful. That's a first for me. It's just well and truly awful.

Ah well. At least it was free. Back to the good stuff for me now.

----------

So. Cats.

Is anyone out there wondering why you're being treated to an old photo of our long-gone cats? Well, it's like this. These were the second-era cats, to my reckoning. The first-era cats were the ones we grew up with. Scruffy, Twerpie (I'm assuming that we kids named her, but I can't remember for sure), Candy, Taffy... there were one or two others, but I'm having a senior moment right now. Candy, an admittedly not very bright Siamese, was particularly my cat. To the point where she waited until I was back home before she died of old age and liver failure (ever see a jaundiced cat? It's kind of a weird thing).

What I'm calling the second-era cats were the ones my parents got when they did the empty-nester thing and got more pets after a while of having none. There was the dog (Rikki), and shortly afterwards Max and Penny, who you see above not helping me with the laundry. If you use the search bar above you can find lots of posts about the two of them, since I'm usually short on blather material.

And why am I bringing all of this up? Well, according to my father we're about to enter Era Three.



Yep. He's getting a kitten.

It'll be a week or two before he gets it since they're still with their mom, and at the moment it's supposed to be just one cat, but no doubt I'll keep you posted as to whether one cat magically turns into two by the time he takes delivery.

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's been odd to be petless. Oh, I should explain that since I can't have pets in my apartment any pets Dad has automatically become mine in my brain. Except the fish. Fish aren't pets. They're decor.






Anyway, you'll be hearing more as it goes. And seeing more. My two fans know that I'm always looking for subject matter, and a kitten is good enough subject matter that I may even stop being pointless for a tiny little while.

Not long enough to turn the blog into a pumpkin, of course. We can't have that. Even for a kitten.





Oh, and Happy World Cat Day. 10 points for being appropriate, Dee, if not quite pointless.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails