Saturday 17 January 2015

The world, again

There were two RCMP officers shot in St Albert early this morning. Suspect's still on the loose as I type this.

I hate hearing about man's stupidity to his fellow man yet again, so rather than go on about that I'm just going plain stupid in this blather. Pointless, as it were. Gee, that might be a good name for a blog.

----------

Let's start by visiting the bad cats, who didn't get up on the counter, knock the laundry basket off, and strew the towels around. At least that's what you'd believe from their body language, right? What, this? We found it this way...

The Turkey Brothers had an adventure this week. It was their first visit to the vet for shots and a physical before the big day when they lose their testicles (that'll be early February, for those counting the hours. And if so, why?). I wasn't there, but Dad says that the vet found them healthy, sweet (in the case of Bob), and sleek (in the case of Tom, who didn't want a thermometer up his backside. Can't say that I blame him, really). And the kicker? THEY BEHAVED. That's right, the little sh turkeys didn't give much of a hint as to what they're really capable of.

It seems that they're good actors as well as being turkeys.

According to the vet, the only sign of kittenhood left in the boys is the fact that Tom still has a couple of baby teeth. I guess that my father has cats now. I shall try to remember to refer to them that way in the future.

When they're back from the next visit.

--------

I mentioned in passing in an earlier blather (more of a non-blather, actually) that I had medical stuff this week. Nothing invasive; just sitting in a room for a few hours getting educated. It was all right, but with everything that's gone on lately I figured it was time for a treat so on the way home I stopped in at the smaller version of my favourite rock shop.

That's right. More rocks. And you poor people get to see them, of course. And just to make it more fun, the photos were taken on a fabric that will either strobe for you or just make your eyes complain, depending on what you use to view them. Yes, purposely. You're welcome.

What you're looking at today is a piece of Red Jasper, which is apparently heroic, strong, enduring, blah blah blah whatever and something about communication if I remember right. Or not. What it is to me is something red, which I was in the mood for. I'm also a sucker for jaspers of almost any kind. Agates too. I've probably mentioned.

This one's a decent stone, considering what I paid for it, and it feels nice in the hand. Yeah, that's important. My two fans know that I'm a big one for textures in art (one of the reasons why I don't paint much. That, and the fact that I have the painting skills of a five-year-old), and the same thing goes for my rocks. They have to be good to play with, because I do. If I'm not playing with a pendant I'll play with my infamous rolling ring, and if I'm not playing with that I'll likely be playing with a pen or my hair or whatever else is around.

My hands like to be doing something.

Fondling a rock seems like one of the less harmless things that they could be doing, when you think about it.



Going now. Need to finish at least a few of my open browser tabs before lunch. It's my version of the weekend reading list, I suppose.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails