Friday 27 February 2015

False start

Work blah blah blah short post blah. But first, two things.

Thing one: This is Tom deciding that a staple is a toy. I changed his mind shortly after taking the picutre.

Thing two: I hate HATE remote car starters. And did I mention hate? When I went out to clear my car off of a slight bit of snow and go to work this morning, there were three cars running. Three. And not a person in sight, of course. As I finished with the snow, one of them stopped. It had been running so long that the auto-stop kicked in. And as I pulled away, it was started again. The kicker? It was -10C. That doesn't even count as cold here in February. Minus ten, a slight dust of snow, yet stupid people have to waste gas and pollute the parking lot just so that their noses don't get a chill?

Gah.

For those new to the program, I'm literally (and yes, the proper use of literally rather than the internet use of literally) allergic to the cold. If I get cold I get hives. In extreme cases my blood pressure goes down from all the fluid in my tissues and I feel like crap. In really extreme cases it's possible to have an anaphylactic reaction, but I've never had one (thank goodness). And yet, with all of that, as long as it's not too cold for me to be outside at all I bundle the hell up, start my car, clean it off, AND DRIVE AWAY.

Remote car starter not needed.



Suck it up, princesses.





Going back to work now. LLAP, Mr. Nimoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails