Saturday 14 February 2015

Turkey Brothers unleashed


Behold the tabby-headed black cat. It's a rarity, really.

Ok, seriously? They were in the middle of a play fight. You'll see a more representative picture below.

The Turkey Brothers have a whole new frontier these days, since the door to the basement is now open to them. Just imagine -- a place where you can get into all sorts of trouble, get up on things without being yelled at (most of the time), and look at ground level through small windows. It's awfully exciting, you know.

Well, it is to them.

The basement was off-limits while they were little, but now that they're big enough to be sans testicles they've also been given the run of the house.

Well, except my room. The allergic one keeps them out for the most part. They don't like that, and the minute the door's open will, of course, make a bee-line for under the bed so that they can hang around for a while.

They're turkeys, all right. And by turkeys I mean shits. And by shits I mean young cats. They tend to be shits by definition.

What you're seeing in the photos is the top part of a cat tree that Dad built around a tension pole for the previous cats. When these ones discovered it they were naturally in cat heaven, so it's getting fairly heavy use. And yes, that cat house is made out of an old ten gallon pail. Waste not want not and all of that stuff.

The boys are getting pretty big by now; I'd imagine that they're reasonably close to full size, but I thought that the last time I was home and they've got bigger since. Bob in particular is pretty freaking solid. You feel it when you pick him up.

Actually, I feel it when I pick up just about anything these days. My neck's been out. Not enough to make me immobile, but it's giving me a very sore shoulder and, occasionally, pins and needles in my arm. I'm obviously pinched, and that's one reason for the lack of blogging this week. The other was that I was busy, in case you wondered. Anyway, I think me and my shoulder are done typing just now, so let's call this a post. It's almost lunch time anyway, so the timing's appropriate.



More cat photos later, most likely. I don't like to take photos of winter, so what else does that leave me?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails