Saturday 15 August 2009

Drab

And a non-drab lily trying to hide in the purple oxalis.

It really is a drab sort of day today. Yesterday it was a drizzly sort of day; today the drizzling is supposed to end (or may have already -- I guess I'll find out this afternoon) but it's still just plain drab looking.

As far as the apartment goes, I don't mind. 21C is a lot easier to sleep in than 30C. As far as everything else... well, I haven't exactly been in a cheery mood all week, so I guess we may as well have drab. It fits.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it would actually rain rather than drab. I kind of like rain. You can tell that I live in a place where it doesn't rain every day, because when it does rain it usually makes me happy (depending on what I'm supposed to be doing outdoors that day, naturally). I'm sure that if I lived in a rainy place I'd change my mind about that in a hurry -- for one thing, I'd absolutely miss Alberta-blue skies -- but the way it is now a bit of rain can do my mood some good.

One of my best memories of rain (besides the whole tent trailer thing, which, if you're desperate to read about, you can probably find with the search box at the top of the page) is from one of our visits to Hawaii. I'd never really experienced warm rain before, and it was mildly astounding to me that the daily afternoon rain would hardly interrupt any of the touristy happenings around the shops or streets of Honolulu. It's a nice rain, in Hawaii. Refreshing. As long as it's not a tropical storm type of rain, of course. But that part probably went without saying, right?

Anyway. It occurred to me that with this talk of rain I probably should have chosen a pointless photo that had more to do with at least general dampness. Truth is, I didn't know for sure what I was going to blather about today, so I just chose the photo at random. Pointlessly, as it were. Ah well, here's a wetter shot to make up for it.

Or whatever.

I think I'm done typing now, ok?

1 comment:

Caryn Ouwehand said...

love the top photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails