Saturday 22 August 2009

Painting

Today's pointless photo is not, in fact, a painting. It's not even a photo of a painting, come to that. Just thought I'd mention. My entry for this week's Illustration Friday prompt is a painting (erm, or partially a painting. Of sorts. Oh, just check the other blog if you're desperate to see what happens when a sleep-deprived person plays with paint), but that really has nothing to do with today's pointless photo...

One of the walls of the office is now partially covered with paintings, though. Finger paintings. Finger paintings that some of the staff members did for me because I said I wanted to decorate my wall with finger paintings.

Um, yeah. We're all extremely professional interpreters here, you know.

And I also have my current first aid certificate on the finger painting wall. Just in case anyone was wondering what goes with finger paintings.

----------

Anyway. Painting. Painting is a bit of a big theme in my work day at the moment, because my eyes are burning.

Paint fumes, you see. One of the public spaces here at the Centre is in the midst of a renovation, and the renovation has progressed as far as paint fumes.

There's paint on the walls as well, naturally. That's where the paint fumes originate, unless I miss my guess.

I'm of two minds about this. The room definitely needs to be redone, and it's good to see things actually happening after a lot of years of talking about it. On the other hand, paint fumes. I feel like my head is full of paint fumes, and I'm currently back in the office where the paint fumes really aren't all that bad. The minute you walk out to the front, though... PAINT FUMES.

It's enough to make a person loopy, really.

Not like I need any help in that department, but apparently I'm getting some anyway.







Ah well.

I should get back to work, I suppose (which will involve going outside away from the paint fumes, at least for the next hour or so). Enjoy the non-painting photo; ignore the paint-fume-fuelled silliness.

1 comment:

Caryn Ouwehand said...

Paint fumes? What Paint fumes?

Did I mention Diane that a Purple Monkey just came in and danced accross the front counter to "New York, New York," while you were on your nature walk.

Related Posts with Thumbnails