Saturday 8 August 2009

So freaking frustrated

I'm tired.

In fact, I'm tired enough that, if it were possible for me to nap, I'd have already put my head down on my desk and just passed right out. Yes, even though I'm at work. If it were possible for me to nap, which apparently (and with very few exceptions) it isn't.

I've been told that I gave up napping at the age of 18 months (yes, seriously. And no, it's not likely a coincidence that I would have been 18 months old when I became not-an-only-child...), and I've never been able to get it back.

Man, I wish I could get it back.

It would go a long way to making up for times like last night when my brain decides to experiment with giving up on sleep altogether.

I mean, I know I did sleep. A bit. Not as much as I need to, but there must have been sleep at some point because otherwise I wouldn't have ended up in that weird combo House MD/Hell's Kitchen universe I was visiting for a brief period.

Hmm. Both Fox shows. I wonder if Fox is slowly trying to destroy my sanity? Oh, and incidentally, if you want to have a little fun with stupid censorship, try watching Gordon Ramsay shows on Food Network Canada. They play 'em as they get 'em, so any that originate in the States are nothing but a bleepfest, while any that were filmed in the UK come through in their full-on fucking glory. Er, so to speak. I find that strangely amusing.

And did anyone else notice that the above paragraph seems to be having a sale on commas? I'm too tired to bother editing, so feel free to mentally remove about half a dozen of them yourselves.

Anyway, since I'm obviously not meant to be diagnosing anyone at a cooking competition, that weirdness indicates that there was enough sleep for at least one dream. The rest of the time was me staring at the clock projection on the ceiling, wondering how I was going to manage being at work all day without being completely useless.

The answer, I think, is that I'm mostly being completely useless. That's ok, though. I'll go for a walk when I'm done blathering to try to make up for it. Yes, I get paid to walk. As long as I make sure to bother educate people that I meet on the trails, it's all good.

As opposed to this blog post, which is all crap.




Not bad, however, for typing with you eyelids closed...









Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails