Saturday 27 November 2010

But I liked them the way they were...

I know, I know. I really need to take some new photos. Today, maybe. We'll see if I can get inspired about snow.

----------

This'll be short because I really should get something to eat. My fault for getting caught up in something else.

The something, if anyone was wondering, was frustration.

I can never figure out why companies take perfectly good products and either discontinue them or bugger around with them to the point where they're not good products anymore. I mean, I know that products need to be updated to keep the fickle consumer interested, but when something's good to begin with and develops a following, can't a corporation just roll with that for a while?

Apparently not, as was evidenced by my very fruitless search for winter boots this morning.

I have a pair of boots that I love, but unfortunately I've loved them for a couple or three years now and I know that this season is going to be their last. They're great boots, even for someone as hard to please as I am. Combine the ankle problem with wide feet and the fact that I'm a woman (why is it that so many companies seem to assume that women want cute boots as opposed to good boots?), and it isn't easy to find something that I can live in all winter. Or at least most of the winter.

I did, though. About... oh, maybe ten years ago.

I won't tell you the company or the style or anything like that, because in the end it doesn't matter. Suffice to say that since then I've been buying the same basic model (different styles as the styles changed every year, yes, but the same basic model) of really good boot. Last year, though, I didn't get around to looking for my replacement pair because the boots were still holding up well.

This year?

THEY'VE BEEN DISCONTINUED.

Gah.

My good boots have been discontinued, and the model that's replaced them has been getting poor reviews on several websites that I checked out this morning.

Gah, again. Stupid company. What did you do to my boots?

Ah well. I'm not in danger of being bootless in the immediate future, and in the meantime I'll keep looking for possible replacements from other companies. And if any of my two fans know of someone who makes decently warm lower-cut boots that are easy to get on and off and have good grips for the balanced-challenged among us... well, for Whomever's sake point me in the right direction, ok?





This whole thing just makes me sad. Or hungry. Yeah, lunch would probably be a good idea. Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails