Sunday 7 November 2010

Singing along

My two fans have probably noticed that my Sunday posts can be emptier than they really should be. Sunday should be the Day Of Blather, if you think about it. I don't really have much to do besides fold the laundry that's been air-drying overnight, and that should give me plenty of time to think of an actual topic AND flesh it out a bit. Sundays should be the day when you get to see what I'm really capable of. They aren't, though.

And why?

Internet radio.

Sundays tend to be the day when I turn the music on and sing along. Sing along while I'm doing some casual surfing, sing along if I'm playing a game. And yes, sing along while I'm trying to blog.

I'm singing along as I type this, actually. The Kinks. All day, and all of the night...

As you can imagine, singing along while trying to think of something to blather about doesn't usually add up to any real kind of post content.

Can't say that I care, really. When it comes down to it, I'd rather sing than blog anyway. Singing makes me happy. Blogging? Often leaves me dissatisfied, because I know I could be better at it if I'd put some real concentration into it.

But I can't do that when I'm singing along.

And I'd sooner sing along.

And there you have it.

Sundays, in case you wondered, are usually Sixties days. The stuff I grew up with, thanks to my father's tastes. The vast majority of it came out before I was born (I'm old, but I'm not that old), but since it was around the house it's all very familiar. And since I know most of the words, it's good for a singalong.

And occasionally a chair dance, but that's another topic altogether.

And on the subject of topic, since you now have my excuse for not having one today I think I'll stop typing now and go have a look at some of the Illustration Friday entries that have been posted so far.





To the accompaniment of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, apparently.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails