Friday 9 December 2011

Home work

If any of my two fans missed me yesterday, I was working at home. Well, even if any of my two fans didn't miss me I was still working at home, so there you go. I stayed home to try to give myself a boot to the youknow in regards to a project that's been waiting to be finished since last spring. Not terribly time-sensitive, I guess you could say, but it still needed to be done.

Today's pointless photo shows what working at home looks like, or at least what it looked like yesterday. Yep, I was sprawled out on my cheap, needs-to-be-replaced comforter (the white stains? Gesso. Let's just say that art happens on the bed a bit too frequently) pretending that I can draw ground squirrels. I might put the scans on the other blog after I'm done here since I've been a little lazy about posting there this past while, but if I do and you decide to go check them out just keep in mind that things were supposed to be on the kid-friendly, slightly cartoonish but still recognisable side.

And also remember that I suck at ground squirrels. Plants are much more fun.

Anyway. For the art supply nerds amongst you, you're seeing Koh-i-noor Hardtmuth woodless graphite pencils, which it's completely ridiculous for someone of my level to use but I love the feel of; Pigma Microns (in sepia), still very much my pen of choice even though I've tried plenty of others by now; and... yeah, good old-fashioned Laurentiens. I've thought about getting some better quality pencil crayons, yes, but the fact is that I do so little with crayons that it doesn't seem right to spend the money, somehow. Not that similar logic stopped me from buying the woodless graphite pencils, you'll notice. Maybe I should rethink it the next time I'm in the mood for a new toy? We'll see.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering about the rest of the pencil crayons that should have been in the empty box you see in the picture, they were on the floor. Some of them are getting a little short to be able to find in the easel set-up, so I usually just dump them out when I use them. Can you tell that I live alone, folks?

You should be able to tell that I was working instead of just doodling because you can see my phone in the middle of the mess. I needed to stay in touch while I was working. Working, yes. Not texting the Ontario office about the fact that I suck at ground squirrels.

Ok, well, maybe a little of that.

Ah well. There you have it. I don't always do the art thing on the bed, by the way. It was just easier to have my resources close at hand this time around. And it was closer to the television. And I didn't have to bother with cleaning the mess off of my table...



Hey. All these things are important considerations when you're spending the day sucking at ground squirrels, you know.

1 comment:

Ces Adorio said...

Oh yes. Micron pens. I think I have a secret problem with them. I have literally hundreds of micron pens stocked in the house. In fact, I am surrounded by two laptops (one for work - I am on call tonight and was fixing a problem) and one for play. In between there are at least 25 micron pens and two Pitt pens. Seriously. I have a problem. I should get some sleep now. Good night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails