Wednesday 28 December 2011

Toys

Today's pointless photo is not, of course, of a toy. It's a pitchfork in the snow, which is different from a turkey in the straw. You know, in case you wondered.

Anyway.

It's been Christmas and gone, if you hadn't noticed, and while I know some of you are still on holidays I'm back at work. Which is ok, really. I like my job, and it's not like I had much for plans anyway. It does make it a little difficult to play with my toys, though.

Yes, toys.

It's been Christmas and gone, remember. Of course I have toys. One of the toys (which is sitting here quietly updating itself on the desk as I type. Toys are different from when I was a kid) is definitely a recognisably toy toy, but the other is in my bag waiting to be used for work if I choose to do that particular work today.

If I decide to do some drawing for program props, I mean.

Yep, thanks to the usual suspects (should I be calling them my dealers at this point? They certainly support a habit), I've made my annual pilgrimage and got some new art toys. Actually, if I'm going to be honest, it's not so much about the toys this time as it often is, because I had to legitimately replace a few things I'd run out of. I always try to leave a little wiggle room to spoil myself with something that's more of a whim, though, so I do have a toy.

Toy in this particular instance should be defined as something (a new medium, something more expensive than I'd usually buy, fancier paper than I need... that sort of thing) that ordinarily I'd have a pretty good argument with myself before getting, and more times than not would talk myself out of. When I'm working with a gift card, though -- and it doesn't matter where the gift card is meant to be spent -- I have a rule that since it's a gift I'm allowed to get something out of the ordinary.

I've got some good things, that way, actually. You people who are nice enough to give me gift cards can have surprisingly (and accidentally) good taste, you know.

Anyway.

Oh, I said that already. Sorry.

Anyway (third time's the charm), I should really get back to work. Which, depending on mood and how I decide to manage the frogs (yes, frogs), may include these things. Or not, since I brought some other things in as well. As I said, depending on mood.

Look at me, sounding all artsy and everything...

ANYWAY, I HAVE TO GET BACK TO WORK.

That was me yelling at me, if you wondered. Time to put away the toys now. That includes the blog...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails