Wednesday 7 December 2011

Things I didn't plan to be doing today

Or, more accurately, thing I didn't plan to be doing today. And that thing is?

Cleaning out my fridge.

Yep.

Didn't feel like getting groceries yesterday, so I just picked up something for supper. Well, I must have had a moment of prescience or something, because when I got home my fridge was cool rather than cold, and the freezer? Dripping.

Sigh.

Good thing I was fairly bare-cupboard, I guess, but it was still rather depressing to have to throw out a grocery bag's worth of limp, thawed stuff this morning.

The good news? I'm a renter, so it's the landlord's problem to fix this.

The bad news? This is the same landlord that took three months -- THREE MONTHS -- to bring in an electrician to replace the broken light switch in my bathroom. I don't hold out a lot of hope, which is why I haven't quite got around to calling the office yet. I'll do it after I type this, of course, but in the meantime?

Well, does anyone out there have any suggestions or living in the nineteenth century?

Did I sigh already?



Yeah, I did.

Ah well, this deserves another one.





Sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails