Friday 23 December 2011

'Twas the Friday before Christmas...

... and all through the nature centre...

Well, most of the staff is already on holidays, so other than a really screwed up morning which I'm not going to elaborate on (it's all kind of boring unless you're directly involved) it's kind of quiet here.

So.

Today's pointless photo? Taken two or three weeks ago, but appropriate today because it's currently 3C out there. That's PLUS three. Kind of weird for this time of year, but if anyone in charge of the weather happens to be reading this I'd just like to say that I DON'T MIND. I mean, I really don't mind, ok?

I also really don't have much to blog about. I had leftover Chinese food just now... but I can't believe that anyone wants to hear about lunch. Or leftovers. There's lots of leftovers from the Christmas lunch yesterday, though, so if you happen to be in the neighbourhood help yourself.

I could tell you what I did last night, but what I did last night was paint some walnut shells with cheap tempera paint. And why did I do that? To see what it looked like. I painted one in white gouache, too, to see what it looked like matte. If I like the way they look when I get back to my place I'll maybe paint designs on them. And why? I dunno. They were there.

And what are my holiday plans, then? I don't really have any. I'll go in to Dad's for the weekend, and then I'll be working after that.





I'm the most boring person in the universe, aren't I?

Ah well. I guess I'll leave you with the annual nod to the NORAD tracking system, which, frankly, just makes me feel old. Why, when I was your age, you kids, we tracked Santa on the RADIO, not on some highfalutin' computer-thingamabob or smartphone.

Should I say here that we usually listened to the Santa tracking in the car while on the way to the local mental hospital to look at the decorated trees on the grounds, or would you find that a little bit too weird?








I should have stopped typing while I was still the most boring person in the universe, really. Happy end of the work week, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails