Tuesday 26 June 2012

I swore I'd never do this

I swore I'd never put a pointless photo of myself on this blog. I've put photos of portions of me before, yes. An eye. Part of my face. My shoes. Repeatedly. My hand holding ladybirds and dragonflies. But me, as a whole?

Nope.

I don't need to be here.

I'd rather remain faceless, to be honest.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not equating faceless with anonymous. I don't post under my full name here (oddly enough, my parents didn't name me Dee), but I know very well that I'd be a quick find if someone felt like putting in a little effort to look for me. For one thing, how many long-time naturalists working at nature centres can there be in Alberta?

I don't pretend for a moment to be invisible.

I've just never felt the need to have you put a face to a name. Or a nickname, as the case may be. It's been a rule with me since 2003 (that, believe it or not, is when I started the old blog) that there wasn't ever going to be a photo of me around the place. No photo of me on the page, no photo of me in my profile...

My profile photo, for anyone who's wondered what the heck that thing is, is of the egg case of a Goldenrod Spider. The mother spider's guarding it. It was a cool find for me, because they're usually fairly hidden. Um, anyway.

Yeah, no photo of me. For years. So it's with a somewhat heavy heart that I very reluctantly share this image with you. It might be a total mistake and I'll probably regret it, but here goes. Putting a face to a name:









That's right. You've probably suspected it all along, but this blog is written by a pissed-off cat.

Wasn't worth the build-up, was it?





Ok, a bit more seriously. I was just fooling around with the 3DS the other night. This is from an application called Colors! 3D, which is, logically enough, a 3D version of the Colors! app Iphone users might know about. It's a pretty simple paint program, really, but I've been having fun just messing around with it.

This, obviously, was me tracing a photo because I wasn't in the mood to be terribly creative. The photo was taken with the 3DS's inner camera, so not exactly the highest quality you're going to find in the first place. Max and I were lying on the bed (Max was "helping" me play a game) when I took the shot.

And yes, he really does look that peeved in the original photo.

And me? Do I look anything like that?

Um.

Well, I do have two eyes. And glasses...

I guess it counts as sort of me. I didn't make up anything, but I didn't include everything either. Think of it as cartoon-me, and you'd be ok.

And why is it even here on the blog?

I DON'T KNOW. Weird mood, I suppose. We're all allowed weird moods now and then. I have them fairly frequently.

As you may have noticed.

I need to get back to work now. I, erm, hope you've found this... edifying?






Or weird. Weird works. Going to stop typing now, because I really don't know how to end this lack-of-post.

1 comment:

Ces Adorio said...

Oh gee, seriously! Such build up. Hahaha. You are so funny. Sigh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails