Wednesday 20 June 2012

Stewing

The pointless photo is not, of course, of stewing. It wouldn't be a pointless photo if it was.

Actually, it would be pretty much a miracle if it was, because the kind of stewing I'm thinking of is the kind that goes on inside rather than the kind you can take a pointless photo of.

Yeah, I'm stewing. Stewing about something.

You see, I tend to stew about things when I don't have all the facts or details. I hate driving someplace if I don't know exactly where the place is, for example (and that can be a bit of a problem when I'm programming out at schools rather than here at the nature centre). I hate being put into unfamiliar situations if I don't have at least an outline of what's supposed to be going on.

I guess you could call it a slight touch of OCD. Or just plain neurosis.

Either way, I'm stewing.

I have a program tonight, you see. Well, two of us have. It's for a group we haven't programmed for before.

AND I KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT IT.

I know that the booking sheet has very little information that's useful for me so far as prep goes. I know that there's supposed to be a "social" after the walk. I'm hoping that the "social" part is being taken care of by the organisers, because I certainly know nothing about what's apparently happening.

I hate knowing nothing. It makes me... uncomfortable.

And I still have over an hour of stewing left before I can officially declare that there's nothing to be done about it.



Some days I'd give quite a lot to be a little less OLF, really.

And now, back to stewing. Um, yay?

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Stewing is something I love and hate. I have been stewing for days and weeks thinking of the most dreadful things that could possibly happen including death, until today, when I finally went for my medical appointment and the doctor told me I did not need it!!!! ARGH!!!! Relief but all those spent emotions...

deeol said...

Yeah. The program I was stewing about? Turned out to be a simple nature walk. The type of thing I've only done about a billion or so times.

Totally not worth the stewing. Figures, eh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails