Saturday 9 March 2013

My work? Weird.

What you're seeing: To the right, a deer trail. To the left, pee.

That's right, pee. Urine.

I probably need to explain this photo, don't I?

Ok, well, I was out with the camera this afternoon taking some pictures for the work blog (which, actually, is why this blog is likely going to be shorted yet again. How many times in a day can a girl blog? Especially a girl who's getting lazier and lazier about blogging). Now, my two fans know my feelings about winter. It doesn't get any better when you add work in. Winter is boring, and winter is boring to blog. How many times can you say Look! A deer track. And another deer track. And isn't that a deer track?

Incidentally, that's almost what my work post looks like today. Winter is boring, did I mention?

Anyway, so I'm walking along the trail looking for something --anything -- that I might be able to blog about, and I found what you're seeing above. Pee next to a trail.

Here's where the weird comes in.

I took a picture of it.

I took a picture of it because in my business a person could probably blather on for a while about trail marking and how other animals can tell not only territorial boundaries (in, of course, animals that are territorial) from urine and fecal marks but also the condition of the animal that left the marks and whether it might be worth a try at challenging for the territory. In the case of female marking, males can often tell if the female is mateable from the smell of her urine.

I could go on about this.

I could, but then it occurred to me:

I took a picture of pee. Pee next to a trail.



I decided not to post the pee photo on the work blog. You're getting it here instead, because... um... pointless something, I guess.

My job is weird.

And if you're desperate to read the non-pee-related work post du jour, drop me a line. I'll send you the blog address. Be prepared to read about deer tracks, though.

Without the pee.





Won't it be funny if I'm not around to post for a week again (I probably won't be tomorrow, but I'm not planning to drop out for the entire week this time) and anyone who casually drops by in the meantime just gets read the word pee multiple times?

My blog is weird.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails