Thursday 5 December 2013

Forget about frightful

The weather outside is effing nuts. We've got more snow than we had by January last winter, and it's COLD. Cold enough that my car is still buried from Monday's blizzard and will probably stay buried for a while yet.

Yep, it's been cabs to work these past couple of days, because I've had evening programs and I can't exactly ask one of my coworkers to come pick me up.

Let me tell you, I don't know how people manage with cabs. Most of the drivers are nice, but the waiting. And the not having control of when you leave or arrive anywhere. And the cost, of course, but that should go without saying.

So, since I need to get back to work for a while before I go set up for tonight's performance of me pretending that I know anything about stars, I think we'll just have a mourning rose (mourning this weather, of course) for your pointless pleasure today and then I'll schedule a couple more weird photos so you don't miss me too much while I'm housebound.

Again.

This is really getting ridiculous, you know.

----------

Anyone who's on twitter at the moment has a feed full of RIP Nelson Mandela, but I'll add my two cents. I don't think younger adults out there can truly understand what an important figure he was. The world is a different place now because of people like him.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Really? A star show in December when you just said your car is buried in snow. How many come to that under those circumstances. I would like a science talk in winter about snowflakes. They fascinate me to no end. I wanted one of those camera's that can photograph them outside but my son said, You couldn't afford one of them. But how can there possibly be no identical snowflakes. Explain that to me. have a talk about it. I will come to that. Stars, nah.

Related Posts with Thumbnails