Tuesday 10 December 2013

Yeah, yeah, I'm still around

I was around yesterday, too, but it was a busy day so no blog for you.

You'll noticed that I'm still refusing to post winter pictures. Well, not so much refusing as that I don't have any on my nerdstick, to be honest. I took some yesterday, but they're for the work blog. You'll see them there in a bit, after I've edited them and actually written the post.

We have a bit of snow at the moment (as in, roughly four times the amount of snow we usually have at this time of year), and for a change my apartment building's management company has decided to clear the parking lots not once but three times so far this season. That's big, you know. I've lived there for about twenty years, and in that time the managers have become notorious for clearing the lots maybe once all winter no matter how much snow we have. It leads to all of us having mini lakes in our spots come spring melt, and that's about as pleasant as it sounds.

Apparently not this year, though. Today's clearing number three, which meant that I had to have my car out of the lot by eight. Which means, in turn, that I go for fast food breakfast to waste time for an hour before going to work.

Yippee.

As a rule I don't really do restaurant breakfasts. I get a craving for a certain outfit's breakfast sandwich maybe once a year, yes, but when I've had it I'm done with the craving for the year. Problem is, I've now had my third one in two months. I DEFINITELY DON'T HAVE THE CRAVING ANYMORE.

If this snow (and shocking regular snow removal) continues, I'm really going to need to find a new routine. Any suggestions for a place to hang out at eight in the morning, anyone?

By the way, we're all told to have our cars out of the lot from eight to five on pain of towage. I wonder, though, was the removal company penalised for the fact that they didn't get done until after seven the last time they did this? Those of us trying to find a place to park after coming home from work certainly were.

Anyway, off to the work blog for me. I'll let you know when it's time to have my next regrettable breakfast sandwich...

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Donut or coffee shop maybe. Or book store. Book store is my favorite hang out. One that offers coffee. I almost managed to read an entire book one time. I have about a zillion books on the Christmas wish list. Well over 100 dollars. I know Santa will not deliver so have to figure another way to get them. Rob a book store?

Related Posts with Thumbnails