Monday 30 December 2013

I think that it's trying to tell me something

No, not the sad iron. Unless maybe it's dust more often.

December keeps trying to commit suicide on my desk. The calendar, I mean. The one I bought out of desperation last January, because no one seemed to have any calendars that I liked. It's pretty much just generic scenes of the Rockies, so it was very much a this'll do purchase. I never was exactly in love with it.

The problem at the moment is that we're to the end of the year, the calendar's paper is very thick, and the push-pin that's supposed to be holding it to the wall has apparently given up the ghost. Today was the second time that I found the thing on the desk, and the second time it took out one of my speakers in the process. The first time it also attacked my Galileo thermometer, but having had one lucky, non-broken-glass-filled escape I very smartly moved the thermometer to the other side of the desk. And a good thing, too. Looks like the calendar came down hard this time.

See? December's trying to kill itself.

Next year's calendar is a lot lighter, so any suicidal months will have to work that much harder, I suppose.

That's about all that I have today, sadly. I'm not operating on much sleep, and I can't even tell you what today's tea is because I haven't had it yet. When I go home, probably. I had three different ones yesterday, though, and before anyone blames the lack of sleep on the overliness of tea I'd just like to say that they were all non-caffeinated. So there. Sleigh Ride, which is a fruit thing that I have no idea what sleighs have to do with, Spiced Fig, and... um... just a second. Oh yeah, White Chocolate Frost. And I'm even being a good girl and trying them without sweetening them, just to see if it's the tea or the honey that I like better.

Yeah, occasionally I can act like an adult. Only for short periods of time, though. And speaking of the whole adult thing, I should get back to work.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails