Wednesday 29 September 2010

Title? I need a title now?

Sorry. I sometimes get a little tired of being told what to do by all those blanks that seem to need to be filled in.

And yes, I realise that I technically don't need a title.

I do, however, need even a slight topic if I'm going to pretend to blather. Nothing so far, so I'll start with a thanks and see if that takes me somewhere.

Thanks, Blogger, for adding what appears at first glance to be a reasonably effect spam filter to your comment function. As my two fans know, I don't have a computer at home. That means that I don't see my comment tracking mail until I'm actually at a place that has a computer (generally here at work or at my father's place). On occasion in the past, that's meant that it's been a couple of days before I've noticed the lost Chinese people or those helpful folks who would like me to enlarge my package (I have a package? Of what, exactly?). Sometimes the Ontario office has caught stuff here before I've got to it, but she doesn't track the other blog.

Apparently Blogger does now, which is cool.

Weird at the same time, though, when you've temporarily forgotten that there's a new spam filter.

It's ever so slightly twilight-zonish to see something in your tracking mail, roll your eyes, go to the blog to remove it, AND THERE'S NOTHING THERE.




Um, yeah. Now that you mention it, I was on morning brain at the time.

And for those of you who are new to the program, yes, it's true that I don't have a computer at home. I'm not against them in theory and I'm not a Luddite; I just don't see the need for one at home when I have plenty of access elsewhere. And surprising as it may seem to some of you out there, sometimes it's really nice to know that there's a time of the day when you won't be tempted to check e-mails or watch stupid videos. Well, at least on the computer. I watch plenty of stupid videos on my television.

And yes, I do have a television.

Dammit. I just dripped tea on my work shirt. Stupid travel mug that's not my trusty old desk cup...



Ah well. That's probably a sign from the tea &/or travel mug gods that it's time to stop randomly blathering and get back to work. Yay me for almost turning this into a post after all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails