Sunday 12 June 2011

Weird

Me, I mean. Example? Well, today's pointless photo for a start. I have some nice, colourful flower pictures that I took the other day, and instead of them I'm posting some fairly ordinary-looking rose leaves.

There's a reason, though. The rose leaves are cooler, because there's a slightly hidden drama to them. If you were to look closely (you'd probably have to click on the thumbnail to see it in the bigger version) you'd see that there's a decidedly unhappy-looking hoverfly in there. And why's it so unhappy? Oh, it probably has something to do with the Goldenrod Spider whose white legs you can see grabbing onto the fly...

Spiders are cool, you know.

Hey, I already admitted that I was weird...





Anyway.

I don't really have a lot to blog about today, as is usual on a Sunday morning. Another bit of weird, when you think about it. I generally have plenty of time on Sunday mornings to think of something blatherable. I should even be able to manage actual, well-fleshed-out essays on Sunday of all days. I don't generally bother, as my two fans have no doubt noticed. And why?

Far too many distractions, that's why.

Example, again?

Let's have a look at what I've done this morning instead of thinking about the blog. I've put the clothes that were hanging overnight through the dryer to get rid of the last bit of damp, I've folded the clothes, I've made the rounds of all the blogs and bulletin boards that I don't get a chance to do anything more than skim during the work week, I've doodled a second version of this week's Illustration Friday prompt and an apple blossom (that's right, Count. Two! Two! doodles this morning), and, most importantly, I've been singing along to the internet radio.

When exactly does that leave time for a thought-out blog post, really?

A person's got to have her priorities, after all. And apparently mine involve a certain amount of chair dancing.

So what off-the-cuff blather can I come up with? Probably not much. Slept in the sleeping bag again because I couldn't be bothered to make up the bed for just the one night (it's a sofa bed, for anyone wondering why making the bed suddenly seems such an effort to me. When I say make the bed, I'm meaning completely from scratch as opposed to just flipping up the bedclothes). I've decided that I kind of like sleeping in the sleeping bag. It's pleasantly cocoony. It could partly be that I'm far enough removed from my camping days now that a sleeping bag's gone back to being a novelty rather than an annoying necessity, but I rather enjoyed it. Plus, a certain cat that I mentioned yesterday was much less of a pain while I was all swaddled up and largely out of reach. That part's just a bonus, though.

What else? Hmm. Nothing else, I guess. I'll see if I can come up with something more substantial over the week, since I have a bit of a lighter interpretive load coming up. Erm... I think. Maybe I'd better check the schedule again before I start counting on blogging time time to catch up on some work things that have been a little neglected while I've been programming.





Get the feeling that this will end up being another light week for the blog? Hey, I'll do what I can when I'm not out corrupting young children.

[/pseudopost]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails