Thursday 5 July 2012

What's in my ears today

Yes, this is a pointless photo of the side of my head. Taken with my 3DS, since I feel a bit odd using the work camera for silliness like this. And don't you love how artfully I'm backlit?

And why is this here?

Weird mood.

Tends to happen when I get some sleep.

And yes, there will be no bricks thrown at my head today. Thank you to those who were willing to perform that service, though.

I suppose that the weirdest thing about this particular silliness is that there is absolutely nothing noteworthy about the jewellery you see. Blue-something-or-other stones (they were a gift, and I can't remember what they are. I'm mostly wearing them because they go not too badly with my grandma's blue topaz pendant and ring. Which, for some reason, you don't see in this picture of my ear...) in a silver setting so in need of polishing that it looks antiqued, amethyst studs that don't go with anything else I'm wearing but for some reason were in the same jewellery box cubby that the blue things were, and a silver wire cuff that I got back in university.

Yep, my ears lead an exciting life.

So does my blog, apparently.

----------

I have a new favourite thing. I haven't tried it yet, but the video instructions alone have made it my new favourite thing. I'm not sure if I should share it with you (oh, I probably will),  but the reason I'm mentioning it here is that it's a simple, fairly nerdy thing but everyone around here that I've shown the video to thinks it's a pretty neat thing too.

I love days when my nerdity is vindicated.

----------

Ok, one more thing in this mixed bag of a post. Hey, I missed a few days. I'm allowed to have some bottled-up thoughts.

The music's on in the office today. Wheat's on holidays, and it's not unusual for me to have the internet radio on when I've got the place to myself. Not that Wheat would object to the music, really; it's just that this way I don't have to make sure that my choices suit both of us. Today it's a combo of blues, adult alternative, and sixties pop, which has sort of been my go-to for the last few weeks. It gives me a fair amount to sing along with.

Yes, sing along. I sing along with the radio, and not subtly. I chair dance, as well. Also not subtly, although I think it's probably a little bit impossible to chair dance subtly.

I like to sing. I sing to myself like other people mumble. Erm, also not subtly on that one, as I've been told. Not obnoxiously, but maybe a touch louder than a lot of people would. I mean, we're not talking concert volume here -- just enough that people can easily tell what song is currently in my head when I walk down the hallway.

I think that more people should do that, actually. Don't you think that the world would be a better place if we all carried around a slight public hint of our life soundtrack with us?

Well...

Maybe it would depend on the soundtrack, I guess. And it might get a little old after a while.




It'd be amusing as heck for a little bit, though.

----------

That's going to be it, especially since the largest part of my lunch hour has been taken up by this nonsense. I'll stop typing now, then.

Bye.





Oh, you really thought that I was going to forget? Nah. Here it is: my new favourite thing.

Just don't put your eye out, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails