Saturday 23 February 2013

I've said this before

So, yeah, déjà vu literally. Still, it's my excuse for the day, so here goes:

The problem with having not really blogged for a week (over a week at this point, I guess) is that when I do get a chance to blog I tend to go one of two ways. I either have so many ideas that I don't know where to start, or I haven't bothered to think of any ideas because I haven't needed them.

Guess which way today's going? You shouldn't have to, because if I'd had any sort of idea at all you'd already be reading it.

Sigh. I really feel the need to put something semi-substantial here, though. After all, my stats tell me that my two fans have been checking in, waiting. Why, I don't know. Pointless is in the title for a reason (as I've said repeatedly. Seems to be the theme of the post), and it seems to me that the internet is crammed full of other places to be pointless. Still, loyalty -- even to pointlessness -- should be rewarded. Sooo...

hmmm...

Well, there was a porcupine in the front yard here at Dad's last night. It scrounged around a bit to see what was edible, then squeezed through the hedge and ambled off across the road to see if there were better pickings at the neighbour's place. Across the road wasn't the best move because the hill's pretty busy and I might have got to witness the last act of Death of a Porcupine, but this time he was lucky and just waddled off into the sunset. Or would have, if it hadn't already been dark.

Today's pointless photo isn't of a porcupine.

I don't have a picture of the porcupine. It was dark, I was looking through a picture window, and there wouldn't have been any point in trying a long exposure.

However.

I also don't have a picture of the mulie buck who sauntered through the next-door neighbour's yard the other week when I was here. Here, outside with the new camera, taking photos. Of, erm, watering cans. And snow. And when the deer came through, I watched him.

While holding the camera.

Sigh, again. Especially since I had the camera set on autofocus at the time and wouldn't have had to do anything but point it.

See, there's a reason why I take pictures of flowers and spiders and, erm, watering cans. They give me time to think. Process. Maybe even frame a composition, although even that's not necessary in these days of digital editing. They're more my speed.

Let's face it -- I'm a slow photographer, and one who hasn't yet learned to remember that the new camera has a three-at-once setting. Come on, Dee. Point, shoot, shoot again. One of the six resulting shots might actually be something.

Or not. And it wouldn't matter anyway since it's digital and you're not wasting film. Try anyway, silly woman.

Incidentally, I'm the only one allowed to call myself silly woman. Just so you know.



Ah well. I'll figure it out eventually. And even if I don't, give it a few weeks (yeah, I'm all about the optimism today) and there'll be flowers and spiders and watering cans...

Oh, right. There's already watering cans. I suppose I should go out and take some pictures, then.

Maybe the buck will do me a favour and come back.



And stand still long enough that I can pretend it's a watering can.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails