Wednesday 6 February 2013

Quick pointless sock photo of the day:

Well, of course it's a pointless sock photo. My socks don't have points, so a picture of them won't have points either. Right?

Anyway, the socks. They're Christmas socks, and they're about to be featured in their first ever planetarium program.

Confused yet? Ok, here goes:

I generally do planetarium programs in stocking feet. It's not good for the fabric in the entrance tunnel to have a bunch of dirty shoes all over it, and besides, it's much more comfortable for me and my screwed-up ankle to not be bothered with bootage when I'm sitting on the floor pointing at stars and constellations. So, socks.

I try to make at least a small effort to wear non-churchy (that is, not very holey) socks when I do planetarium since the lights aren't off the whole time. Didn't quite succeed yesterday, but with the amount of sleep I got it was sort of amazing that I remembered to put on socks at all. Today's a little less sleepy, though, so I remembered to put on something in better repair before I left.

Christmas socks.

Fuzzy Christmas socks.

Fuzzy Christmas socks with polka dots that I have a feeling the ECS class I'm doing the show for today might appreciate. Little kids tend to notice things like that.

Especially when it's fuzzy polka-dotted socks on an adult...

Honestly, I kind of get a kick out of colourful socks. There's a makeover show on the not-so-much-learning-anymore channel that would have you believe that anything other than bland socks is an abomination, but what's wrong with having a little footwear fun? As I was saying to Wheat just now, especially in a business context goofy socks might be the only way that a man in a suit can show some individuality.

And around here in this much more casual office atmosphere, fuzzy socks almost demand to be seen during planetarium programs.

My planetarium programs, anyway.



I just wrote an entire blog post about socks, you'll notice. Did I mention the fact that I have a cold? I don't think that my stuffy brain could handle a heavier topic. Not even penny heavy. The pennies will just have to wait again.

Poor pennies. Nobody loves you anymore.

Back to work for me, now. Time to earn more pennies if I'm going to have more socks.

2 comments:

lizzyol said...

You are so easy to shop for!!

Are those those the aloe socks or the non-aloe socks?

deeol said...

Those were the non-aloe ones. The red & white striped aloe ones are on today, though.

It's occurred to me that I've posted way too many pictures of my feet in socks on this blog over the years. Think maybe I have a problem?

Related Posts with Thumbnails