Friday 8 February 2013

Oh so lack of post

I'm about to head down the highway (short work day today so that I'm not over my hours) and I have a full enough head that I really haven't bothered to think of a post. I got as far as saving this link and thinking that it was kind of neat, but then having someone like me who loves playing (however ineptly) with new art supplies -- my adulthood toys -- talk about the fact that one of the great art geniuses just used house paint... well, it just wouldn't go so well, I'm afraid.

Then I considered blathering about socks for a while. Seems to me I've done that this week, though.

So, since the camera was sitting here you get a mostly-not-bothered-to-focus shot of some of the random things on my desk here at work. A lot of books (yes, boys and girls, books still exist. Some of us use them, even), an owl pellet poster that I still need to have laminated (I'd hate to tell you how long that's been sitting there), assorted things that I need to edit, tracing paper, a hiking pack (think gigantic fanny pack. And for those of my two fans from over the pond, giggle &/or blush at the term fanny pack), and the envelope that contains "art" that I've done for work and is therefore not my intellectual property.

That sure makes me sound like a sell-out, doesn't it? Ah well, it's not like I'm selling out much.

On the wall, a piece of arty something that I did a few years back, and a photo of a burrowing owl that a former volunteer gave to me.

Such excitement. Wasn't this worth stopping by today?



Anyway. That's it for me, then. Oh, and since  I've mentioned art a couple of times and it's obvious to anyone who visits the other blog that art hasn't happened for a while, that's nothing but sheer laziness. I'll try to make it happen this weekend, if I get inspired. Ironically, this week's IF prompt is storm, and I happen to be in a part of the country (for a change) that isn't getting one. My sympathy to those of you who are.

Gotta go now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails