Tuesday 23 April 2013

Well, my compressor works

The problem with today's lower-profile car tires is that sometimes it's difficult to notice that your pressure is low until it's really low. The thing's probably been a little underinflated for weeks (yes, I know that you're supposed to check regularly. How many of you can honestly say that you do, though? No, I mean honestly? Yeah, I thought so), but it was only yesterday that driving felt a little... spongy, I guess you'd say. When I got home after work I was too bagged to care about checking anything, but this morning when I (somewhat serendipitously, I guess) left for work early it was incredibly apparent with one glance that I had one looow tire.

So, it was out with the high capacity leave-your-car-running-or-it-will-eat-your-battery compressor that my father bought me when my other one died (and incidentally, if you don't have a compressor in your trunk right now I think you're a bit silly. Do you know how hard it is to find a gas station with an air hose in this vandalistic age?). I'd never used the thing before because a) I've been lucky enough not to have a flat for a while, and b) frankly, it scared me a bit. Compressors as a rule don't scare me -- I can pump up my own tires, thank you boys -- but this one seemed a little too heavy duty somehow. Or maybe it was just the ominous warnings in the instructions. Instructions for a compressor, yes. That should tell you something right there.

Anyway, I just got out of a lengthy meeting so this isn't going to be some long, weird dramatic story from Yours Oddly. No, I just wanted to say that I sucked it up, took out the scary compressor, started the car, plugged everything in (well, not the car), and inflated my tire.

The end. Terribly exciting, wasn't it? And let's hope that it was just a slow leak and that today's pointless photo isn't prophetically trying to tell everyone that my tire is, indeed, literally screwed.

Or nailed. Whichever.

Whatever would I do then?





Um, take it to a tire shop and have it repaired.

I'm really bad at this helpless femme drama thing today, aren't I?



Ah well. Consider yourself lucky to have any kind of post. This week will be continuing in its theme of I have no idea when I'll have computer time to myself, so you take 'em as you get 'em.

Or not. Suit yourself either way. I have work to do, so I'm not exactly going to worry about it.

My tire, on the other hand...



Nah. Won't be worrying about that, either.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails