Thursday 11 September 2014

Pointless cat photo of the day:

Either an extra-small cat or an extra-big ball.

A little of both, actually.

----------

Random thought: have you ever noticed how arbitrary our breakfast food choices are, and how quickly someone will think it odd if you make a slight change to them? For example, this morning I had toast with cheese for breakfast (and a little bit of accidental sriracha. Long story). If I'd have added another piece of bread and changed the cooking method somewhat I would have had a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast. You would have found that weird.

Another example. If I have a sausage patty with an egg on an English muffin, that's a breakfast sandwich. Well, it's an Egg McMuffin, I suppose, but I have one of these little gizmos that lets you do it at home. They work decently, and you can easily find them for cheaper than the list price. Um, anyway. What if I had decided to have a leftover hamburger instead? Ground meat, bun, not much different from the breakfast sandwich, but a lot of you would find it weird.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of traditional breakfast foods. Oh, I'll do toast-and-whatever regularly enough and I always try to have something to eat, but the breakfast industry hasn't exactly won me over. I generally have a box of cereal on hand, true, but I also generally end up throwing out half a box of cereal when it hits its due date.

I'm not sure why. Cereal's ok. It just doesn't turn my crank in the morning, for some reason.

Personally, I kind of like leftovers for breakfast. Something that I can heat up quickly. Something that generally is fairly well-balanced, as long as I'm cooking decent meals. Something that's not breakfast-y.

And yes, when I'm in at my dad's and we've done the junk food thing -- as we do now and then -- I've been known to have leftover pizza or chicken for breakfast. Nothing wrong with that, I figure, if it's not your daily diet.

Maybe I should be doing breakfast wraps? I have tortillas on hand, after all. I've been doing wraps for lunch this week. I could just as easily scramble an egg for breakfast. Egg, cheese, a little bacon... yeah, maybe I should get off my butt and do that every once and a while.



Maybe with a little less sriracha, though.





Long story.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails