Saturday 20 September 2014

Pointless cat photo of the day:

This is still from the old photo set. No doubt I'll have new ones for tomorrow.

So, an update on the Turkey Brothers. Tom (who I find myself calling Max, partly from the coat pattern similarity and partly because I'm still convinced he's going to be the big suck) is definitely the leader of the gang, and is more forward with both toys and greeting people. He's learned to squeak at you if he wants to be picked up, and if you don't pay attention fast enough he just climbs you. He, um, tried that when I was still in my nightshirt this morning. Yeah, that didn't work so well for him.

Bob may be the more subtle of the two, but he certainly keeps up. He's got a very expressive-looking face. I say expressive-looking because that's completely anthropomorphising the whole cat expression thing, but I have a feeling he'll be getting a lot of aaahs when I show people his pictures.

They're both people cats so far, and I hope they stay that way. I always laugh when I hear that cats aren't social. It's obvious to me that people who say that have never actually been with a cat for more than five minutes. These guys seek people out. They have a habit of waiting at the door when you go to the bathroom. Tom is fascinated by my hair (unfortunately), and Bob is fascinated by fuzzy socks. That, too, is unfortunate if your feet happen to be in said socks...

They're not normally allowed in the bedrooms, which of course means that as soon as a bedroom door opens they're in heaven. Beds are just too much fun, and dressers are a pretty close second. When I got up to use the washroom this morning I was greeted after by two cats, who then ran down the hall to my open door and spent the next hour and a half (I got up a bit too early, so I just went back to the bedroom) using the whole place as a jungle gym. That's interesting in the dark. Let's just say it was a lot of what the hell are you in to now? Hard to tell just by sound sometimes.

Tom likes to climb up you if you're sitting on the sofa or something like that, and he gets this look in his eye that pretty much says I'm coming and you can't do anything about it. And you can't. For the most part he's good as he prowls around you, but I wouldn't mind breaking him of the habit of sticking his nose in my ear. That's a little weird.

Turkey One and Turkey Two had their first experience with the vacuum this morning. That went over reeeally well, as you can imagine. Tom showed up on Dad's bed looking terrified, so I picked him up for a while and that was ok. Bob? I have no idea what he did. We couldn't even find him. About five minutes later he showed up under Dad's dresser. I'm not sure how, because we'd only just checked the dresser. Maybe he can teleport? Anyway, that's one huge reason why they're not allowed downstairs yet. If they got down here with all the hiding places, who knows when they'd be found? Plus, while we know that they can make it down stairs (the door's accidentally been left open once or twice), I have no idea whether they can make it up again.

So there you have it. As I said, no doubt some new photos in the next day or two. They've certainly made themselves at home, and they look like they're enjoying themselves.

Plus, kittens. Who on the internet doesn't like kittens, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails