Saturday 27 September 2014

Should I call this pointless cat photo?

Or are you getting tired of that?

I have to admit that I do appreciate the few seconds it saves me, not having to think of a post title. Of course, I've been blogging long enough that I can remember when posts didn't even have titles unless you specifically hand-coded a field for them.

I sort of miss hand-coding sometimes.

Sort of.

And only sometimes.

Oh, just go back and look at the kitten already.

----------

So, shall we talk about rocks today? We haven't talked about rocks for a while. I am, as usual, wearing a rock to work today. You may remember that I like wearing rocks.

The rock I'm wearing today is in a cage. It's the one on the left in this picture, and it's bugging the heck out of me that I can't remember what it's called. I'm usually more careful about that, since my olf brain has a pretty serious need to know the names of things. I've been like that for most of my life, to be honest. You couldn't go for a hike with me as a child (well, not a happy hike, at any rate) unless I had a plant field guide with me... or unless you could tell me the name of anything that caught my eye. If you couldn't, or if I didn't have a book that I could try to look things up in, well hellooo whiny kid.

I tend to call that side of myself my latent librarian, in case you wondered. I seem to have a basic need to catalogue.

Anyway, today's rock is currently nameless, but it's green with white banding and I'll try to look it up later if I have time. Until then, maybe I'll just call it George.

I can't believe that I actually forgot the name of the rock. It's so completely out of character.

The other caged rock is a blue tiger's eye, and you can see what it looks like worn in the photo to the left. Ok, so I don't normally wear it at a tilt. I was holding the camera so I was a little slanted. Give me a break.

These rock cage jewellery findings are great for someone like me who enjoys wearing interesting rocks but is too cheap to have them made into jewellery doesn't know anyone with a rock drill to make holes so that she can make them into actual jewellery. The other cool thing with these spring cages is that if you have small enough rocks that you don't stretch the spring you can interchange them whenever you want. I have three cages at the moment: the round one that you see above, the smaller oval one that the tiger's eye is currently in... and a round one that I accidentally put too big a rock into and stretched the spring.

Ah well. That particular rock has a permanent cage home, I guess.

Anyway, you can tell by now that I didn't really have a topic today. That is, after all, when we usually head to what weird thing is Dee wearing to work today? Everybody needs a default, right?

Oh, and word of warning: my favourite rock shop has its annual fall sale coming in a couple of weeks. And that means more rocks. And that means more rock posts.



And maybe I'll remember to check what the name of the pretty green rock was while I'm there. One less source of obsessive anxiety, after all...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails