Monday 22 September 2014

Well, crud

I'm not sure that Tom's figured out how tents work. And I'm not sure that Bob's figured out that electrical cords aren't toys. I hope he gets that one soon.

----------

Now, on to the well, crud portion of our show. It's almost the end of September. I really thought I'd make it this time. Things were looking good, really. But then, of course, it happens.

I got the September cold.

Dammit.

I did a program this morning on the edge of having no voice (kind of sucky when you use your voice for your living). It's a bit better now because it's been lubricated by lunch, but I'd wager that there won't be much of it by the time I go home today.

I felt it coming on yesterday, but at first I thought I was just feeling a bit off. Even bought ingredients to make a lemon loaf for the staff meeting today. As I was making supper, though, I realised that I wasn't just feeling off; I was starting to feel sick.

Dammit.

I thought I'd missed it, too. Several people in the office have already had it, and since I'm usually amongst the first I thought that maybe -- just maybe -- I'd skip this one.

Dammit.



Ah well, no doubt you'll hear more whinging about this as it goes on. For now, though, just enjoy Turkey One's version of camping a little bit more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails