Wednesday 26 November 2008

The dog

No, not the photo. It's pointless, as usual.

----------

There is a dog here (here being at my father's place).

The dog is old, and the dog is not well.

The dog also knows that I'm the first to hear her when she needs something.

The dog got me up at 5 am today. Add that to the dog alarm times I listed in yesterday's post, and you'll notice that I'm not getting a helluva lot of sleep here. I've also been doing far more heavy-dog-lifting than a person of my gimpitude really ever should.

So now the question: how does one convince one's father that it's time to take the dog to the vet and not bring her home again? I mean, I don't want to sound like I want to have the dog put down just so that I can get a bit more sleep, but... there comes a point, right? I know that the dog's insides aren't working properly (pretty obvious any time I take her outside), she doesn't have much of a life since she can't move around very well anymore, she's eleven (and she's a big dog, so eleven counts as a ripe old age), and, frankly, she's a pain in the arse.

That last isn't the biggest reason for putting her to sleep, I know, but it does figure in.

In the end it has to be the father figure's decision, but geez. The decision has to be made.

Or am I totally off-base here?

I might be.

I don't always think well when I'm NOT GETTING MUCH SLEEP.






None of this is helping my cold any, of course. We've now progressed to the coughing-makes-my-head-hurt stage, if anyone was keeping track.

Aaaaand... who's a happy camper today? Obviously not Yours Blatheringly. Ah well. Time to stop typing then, but if anyone has any thoughts on doing away with pets, leave me a comment.

Oh, and just to make things a bit more entertaining: this.

Later, all.

----------

Edited to add this, because for some reason it started going through my head just now. No idea why, but let's roll with it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails