Monday 23 February 2009

I have a headache

That's so not news I don't even know why I typed it, but there you go. I have a headache.

A sinus headache.

Started last night.

Probably means I'm getting a cold.

I'm thrilled.

Anyway, here I am with a headache and an evening program to do (and really? Who books a walk about beavers in the winter? At night? What the hell am I supposed to do with that?), so you can imagine that I'm absolutely in the mood to blather.

A nature walk in the dark? While it's snowing?

Good lord.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, nowhere. Whinging.

I'd whinge about the Oscars last night, but I don't think I will for a few reasons. One would be that I haven't seen any of the films so I couldn't care less who won, another is that it was somewhat less painful to watch than it often is, and a third is that I was being entertained (for the most part. When my head wasn't hurting too much) by the person I was watching the show with.

Who was in Toronto.

Yes, the infamous Toronto office. We were watching together by text. Kinda weird when you stop to think about it, but it apparently works for us. In some way or other.

Not too many opinions about the show, then (except the MUSICALS ARE BACK!!! number. Sooo painful. West Side Story vs High School Musical? Really?), and not too terribly many about the fashions either. I told the Toronto office that Beyonce was wearing a bordello carpet and I stand by that (but not on that, of course), Tilda Swinton was... Tilda Swinton, and I couldn't join the silly entertainment reporters in gushing over Heidi Klum's geometric whatever-that-was, but overall the dresses were nice, more of them men wore bow ties than I've learned to hope for lately (yay boys), and even though I haven't checked out too many sources of internet fashion review yet I've already found a couple of looks that were labelled BEST! by one site and WORST! by another, so I'm happy.

Yes, that kind of nonsense makes me happy.

Or it would if I didn't have a headache.





Ah well. Can't have everything. Unfortunately, my brain chose the headache over the happiness. Silly brain.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails