Wednesday 18 February 2009

The problem with planetarium programs

The problem with planetarium programs (I mean besides the obvious aches, pains, and mystery bruises) is that when you've done a planetarium program or two you have no brain left for anything else you might have been planning to get done with your day.

And, on a side note, the problem with not having taken any photos lately is that now the photos on the blog have turned into random garden left-overs from the past couple of years and make even less sense than they normally do.

Don't think I haven't noticed.

Anyway, now that the planetarium has done it for my brain (which at least exists today. There was actual sleep last night, in other words. Wheat's first words to me this morning were something to the effect of my looking a hundred percent better today. I must have looked like absolute hell yesterday, I guess, because right now I look... planetariumed), I have no idea what's supposed to end up on the blog. Not unusual, I know, but at least today I have an excuse. Same excuse goes for tomorrow, by the way.

Just saying.

I suppose I could tell you what planetariumed looks like? It'll have to be tell, because I'm sure as heck not going to show. I avoid putting photos of myself on the blog whenever possible, and I'm certainly not going out of my way to post a photo of myself looking like I do just now.

Planetariumed.

Ok, for those new to the program, when I say planetarium I'm not meaning big room with curved ceiling. I'm meaning smallish blow-up bubble that you crawl inside to project the stars in. Portable planetarium, in other words. And when a person's doing planetarium programs a person is crawling in and out of the blow-up bubble repeatedly, creating more static (and a more interesting hairdo) with every pass.

I look ever so slightly like I've been hit by a minivan. A small minivan, perhaps inhabited by passengers who have been enjoying some on-the-go baked beans or something.

I look, in other words, like a combination of being run over and being hit by a freak windstorm.

I've learned over the years not to bother doing anything much with my hair on planetarium days. I have fine, somewhat flighty hair to begin with, and there's just no point in trying to save the 'do once you add planetarium into the mix. Sooo... I do my best to ignore it. What else can I do but pretend that I was aiming for the absent-minded professor look?

Which I've definitely got at the moment.

And that, my friends, is what being planetariumed is all about. No brain, and the head to match.




Going back to pretending to work now. Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails