Tuesday 28 April 2009

Gah

Today's pointless photo? Is a pointless photo. Just so you know.

I missed posting yesterday because I was busy, and I really should miss posting today because my head isn't in it. I'm having another one of those knee-bone-connected-to-the-leg-bone sort of days, as in my unhappy knee is making my hip unhappy, and they're both making me unhappy about sitting for any length of time. Or standing. Or walking...

I don't supposed they'd let me put a bed in the office?

Didn't figure.

In other annoying news, the crickets are singing. They're over in the other room singing away, and I swear that they're going to drive me mad.

I don't like crickets. In fact, I'll happily admit that I loathe crickets. They're smelly, they're jumpy, and the only reason they even exist here is to act as food for the salamanders. I feel absolutely no remorse about throwing crickets to their doom twice a week, because THEY'RE CRICKETS.

And right now they're singing, which makes it worse.

You see, we usually buy what they call four week crickets. They're old enough to be decent food, but young enough that they don't sing. Which is great. This week, though, we could only get five week crickets. Bigger, which will make the salamanders happy, but NOISY.

Which, as you might have noticed, is not making ME happy.

Um, sorry. I think that there may have been a sale on capital letters today...

Anyway. I know that some of my two fans probably like the sound of chirping crickets. I have just one thing to say about that. Why? And especially why would you want to hear that sound in your workplace?

There are people working here who like the crickets, you know.

Weird, weird people.

Ah well. It's not the first time I've noticed that there are weird people working here.

I, of course, am perfectly normal.






Shut up. I'm in pain, remember? You should be nicer to me.
Or I'll...
Erm...

Send you a crazy straw?







That makes sense to someone in the universe, believe it or not.

Scary, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails