Saturday 18 April 2009

You know what I hate?

When I know full well that I've had a couple of topics in mind to blather about -- for a while, I might add -- and then when I sit down to do the actual blathering I can't for the life of me remember what they were.

I hate that.

It's happening now, in case you hadn't guessed.

Anyway. I'll maybe be back later if I can get my brain to work. For now I'll just leave you with another clue that spring may actually be in progress. The fuzzy things (ignore the green stuff. It's just Russian Rock Cress) you'll see in today's pointless photo if you click on it to enlarge it are the buds of Prairie Crocus aka Pasqueflower aka Anemone (or Pulsatilla) patens for the scientifically anal among us (and if you are among the scientifically anal among us, congratulations. I promise, I'm one of you). Prairie crocus has absolutely nothing in common with the European crocus that most people think of when they think of crocus. Nothing, that is, except that they both come up early in the spring.

Oh, and that they're both sometimes purple.

Well, prairie crocus is always purple. The other, not so much.





That's it from me for now. Watch this space... well, maybe not exactly this space... for a photo of my first actual live flower of the season (which is still on the camera at the moment), and an update as to whether bed springs are good for tulips.

I imagine that most of my two fans will know the answer to that one before I even post it.

Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails