Thursday 16 April 2009

Um, guys? Excuse me?

Today's photo is, as usual, pointless. It's just part of my continuing search for actual green things in my father's yard.

Not sure the bergenia counts, since all it really has to do is perk itself up a bit after a winter's worth of being flattened by snow... but you take what you can get this time of year.

Now, today's topic. Today's disturbing, disturbing topic.

My neighbours.

I should make it clear that I have nothing against my neighbours. I live in an apartment. I don't even know my neighbours.

I'm getting to know a little too much about them, though. Or their habits, at least.

It seems (or at least I'm assuming) that my neighbours have decided to spice up their relationship. I found this out because their shower -- our bathrooms have a common wall -- went on mid-morning the other week as I was brushing my teeth. I didn't think much of the slightly odd timing of the shower since I'm reasonably sure that one of them does shift work at the hospital, but I thought entirely too much when I realised that a) there was obviously more than one person in the shower, and b) they were pretty much obviously not there to shower.

Yeah.

I didn't hang around to listen. Not that I have a problem with my neighbours having mid-morning sex in their own shower... just that I didn't think I needed to go all voyeur on it. Even if I was just innocently brushing my teeth. In my own bathroom.

Apparently they enjoyed the experience, because it's continued.

Yesterday the screaming started as I was doing my hair.

Screaming, yes.

Things have escalated a bit, you see.

Apartment living (especially in a clunky old building like mine) brings its share of weird noises from the people in the other hamster cages surrounding my personal hamster cage, but this one's left me with somewhat of a quandary.

Should I tell them?

Should I tell them that they're putting on quite a show?

I'm pretty sure that they don't think that anyone can hear them (heck, maybe it's why they're running the water), but they've forgotten one fairly important thing. Not only do they have a common bathroom wall with mine, but the bathrooms are on the hallway sides of the apartments.

In other words, they're not only putting on a show, they're doing it for anyone who happens to be using the hallway.

Should I add that there are a couple of families with young children on my floor?





Hmmm. What to do, what to do.

At the moment I'm leaning towards anonymous note shoved under the door. Might be the least embarrassing thing for all parties involved, really. I've had other suggestions (like screaming back or yelling out words of encouragement), but I'm not sure I'm up to that kind of thing.

I've got to do something, though. It's getting so that I cringe with anticipation every time I hear the sound of a shower...





You know, I'm thinking now that I should have just stuck with the bergenia as the topic for today's post.

Ah well.



Edited because I Just. Can't. Leave. this post as it is. It needs a bit of... something. Like this, I guess. And sorry for the quality. I found a better version, but it had the entire sketch and I just wanted the song.

Going now.

Hopefully feeling a bit less... something.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails