Sunday 22 November 2009

A little bit of history

Today's photo features a former guard tower from Camp 130, a WWII German Prisoner of War camp on the site of the present Barrier Lake Field Station.

Prisoner of War camp in Alberta, Dee?

Yep.

We had, according to this list, several. And if you want more information I'll point you here so I don't have to bother with a bunch of quotes.

World War history isn't exactly my strong suit. I'll leave it to those with more of an interest/background in that sort of thing. Really, I was just looking for a reason to post the picture...

I'm going to look at some of the Illustration Friday entries now. Have a good war read, if you decided to follow one of those links. If not, have a good whatever else.

1 comment:

get zapped said...

Thanks for the journey to this historical spot. Looks chilly! thanks for your visit to get zen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails