Friday 27 November 2009

Sigh

See today's photo? Today's photo is not of snow. If it had been taken today it would have been of snow, though. This is because it's (wait for it...) been snowing.

I hate snow.

I hate snow both for the fact that it's snow and for the fact that it symbolises winter. Which I also hate. And since we're on the subject of what I hate, let me also add the fact that it's hovering around freezing right now which makes a snowy day extra extra special. All around me I'm hearing it's an ice rink out there.

I really don't need to be hearing that. I'm not a big fan of winter driving, but at least I know my limits. There are way too many other people out there, though, who seem to be surprised every single year to find out that snow can, in fact, make roads slippery.

Now I'm completely unsure of what to do. I'd normally be heading in to my father's, but I don't know if I trust the roads. On the other hand, the road reports say that the highways aren't in terribly bad shape overall. So here's the deal. Do I risk driving all the way south back to my place on the slippery city roads and stay in town for another day, or do I risk driving a little way north on the slippery city roads until I can get to what may be less slippery highways?

Did I mention how much I hate snow?

Yep.

Maybe I should just sleep here for the night.





You know, the irony is that they're predicting a high of 8C for Sunday...






Augh.

Let's all just go back and look at the pretty flower, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails