Sunday 13 December 2009

And you wonder about my mood?

For someone who loathes the cold as much as I do, this does not count as a winter wonderland. Just saying.

Oh, and it was -28C outside yesterday when I stepped outside (BRIEFLY!!!) to take this picture. And a few others. Yeah, we'll have a few days on the blog without leftover sunflower photos now.

Incidentally, it's also -28C out there right now. Our high today is supposed to be -25C. Um... yay?

Anyway. I'm not sure what I have to blather about today, since I just finished spending my brain on drawing a turtle. It's the first time I've drawn a turtle, actually. It went ok, I guess. For a turtle doodle done at the computer using someone else's photo that I wish could have been a little clearer. And for not really knowing how to draw a turtle.

But there you go, then.

Or something.

In other news, as usual this time of year Lumpy Penny has decided that she is a gift to the household and therefore deserves to occupy the Christmas tree skirt. Our tree isn't decorated yet (maybe I'll aim for that this afternoon), but that doesn't stop the cat from figuring that it's hers.

She's doing better than I am with the whole Christmas thing, I suppose. A combination of the weather, putting my neck out, and my general inability to get my act together has meant that I've done exactly no Christmas shopping. I know what at least one person is getting (late. At this point I'm aiming for Ukrainian Christmas, which I figure is valid since my grandfather was Ukrainian. Well, Ukrainian Canadian), but I have no idea for my father. I warned him that he might be getting a gift card -- yeah, I'm one of those people who sees absolutely nothing wrong with buying gift certificates rather than useless and completely inappropriate gifts -- and he seemed pretty all right with that.

Maybe that's what'll happen, then.

I don't know.

And anyway, nothing at all is likely to happen until it warms up about twenty degrees.





Sigh.

I really don't like winter, did I mention?

1 comment:

Koo and Poppet said...

sounds very cold! but still a nice photo :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails