Tuesday 1 June 2010

Vague whinging from the West

So, would you like a break from hummingbirds and orioles to listen to me complain?  Great.  I thought you might.

I know I spend a fair amount of time here whining about not feeling well.  Hey, it's just what I do.  I don't really plan out these posts (noooo... really?), and oftentimes when I sit down to blather something out it's just coming off the top of my head.

And frequently, what's off the top of my head is whinge.

As far as the whole health thing goes, what may not be coming out very clearly in blogland is that damned near everything I complain about is minor.  Sure, I have a few ongoing issues like the effed-up ankle, but all in all?  I moan to moan.  Or to fill space.  Or whatever.

Having said that, though, I thought I'd let you in on why the moaning gets loud and repetitive this time of year.  Let's examine the usual timeline, ok?  First off, late winter.  That'd be snow mould season, and I don't breathe for a bit.  Then, early spring.  Poplar pollen, and I don't breathe for a bit.  Then things start getting busy at work, and I start seeing a lot of school children.  Inevitably, one of them manages to give me a cold or something and I don't breathe for a bit.  And since I'm still in busy season, I don't get a chance to just rest and get over the not-breathing, and things drag out.

Every frigging spring.

Any wonder I get a little cranky?

Unfortunately for the whinge factor, my current cold/flu/whatever took an unexpected turn just as things seemed to be improving, and I now have an ear infection.  And... I'm pretty much as miserable as an ear infection can make a person.  A person with very little in the way of serious things to complain about, true, but miserable all the same.  I'd gladly pull a van Gogh if I thought it would do any good.  Or if I had a special someone (or, erm, prostitute) who needed to be sent an ear, I guess.

Anyway.  To summarise, I'm achy, I'm crabby, I'm tired of being sick, and for the most part I'M FINE.




And I suppose occasionally I need to be reminded of that.


[/almost point]

Narrowly avoided the pumpkin this time, I think.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails