Monday 31 May 2010

Hey, now there's a not-very-good photo for ya'


We do what we can, you know and yes I heard the sigh of relief that at least it's not another hummingbird.

I was happy when glancing out the window last night, watching the little guy wander down the road (up is the other way) and very pleased that the dogs were asleep on the floor under the livingroom window. It wouldn't be the first small animal they killed inadvertently - because they chase and the smaller one dies of heart failure. Sadly, no, I'm not kidding.

Anyway, not the best photo but it was around 8:45 p.m. so photoshop and I did our best to make this show up at all.

Of course this photograph also shows I am not bitter. Nooooo, not bitter at all. The others in the family unit have seen a herd of deer just a hundred yards behind our property; have seen deer in woods all around the property in fact; coyotes hunting and feeding. Yes, they've seen all manner of creatures. Did anyone have a camera? Why do you ask such a silly question. Would you be looking at a hare in the dark? Well come to think of it, I don't know if you're in the dark as you look at the hare.

Annnnnd the sillies loom so off to the humid outdoors we go then.

2 comments:

deeol said...

Gee, and now the world doesn't get to read my whinge about ear infections. Which I hadn't had time to type yet, anyway.

I bet everyone's just heartbroken about that...

Sparroweye said...

Are you ever well? What is your best month. Maybe you need to try Phoenix or somewhere in Arizona. But warning, its ugly, not a tree in sight. I saw prairie dogs and a roadrunner this trip. Funny creatures. We are almost home. Well, not but on our way. Been to California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho (I was so shocked that I loved Idaho and want to go back, the mountains are spectacular) Montana, Wyoming. And now Colorado. (but then I have been to Colorado many times as my only sibling lives there) though I love to look at the mountains I get awful altitude sickness. Stomach ache, pains in shoulders, chest, short of breath, pains in head. Basically I feel awful. My husband is upset and disappointed as he went through Glacier, Yellowstone and The Tetons and saw not one bear or moose. I told him Moose are shy creatures. I was quite happy not to have seen a bear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails