Sunday 30 May 2010

They're not all pretty, you know



Yes, another hummingbird. This is to show that, as the subject line suggests, they're not all gorgeous - hey, just like people and let's not get into the oh we're all lovely in our own way type of musing, okay? Okay.

In actual fact, I'm fairly certain he is gorgeous but unless they have determined there is a reason to be, ie trying to find a mate to drag back to their cave..erm, nest...then they don't bother cocking their little heads and being all showy. Gosh this almost turned into a post with a point and we certainly don't want that.

I don't have any current photos of pumpkins, after all.


ixnay on the ummingbirds for a bit, yes--I heard that!

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

There are never enough nature photographs or photo's of hummingbirds. They are a miracle each time I see one. If I see them fifteen times a day, each time I gasp. i was fortunate in California on the coast to see one on her nest. she was dull looking but I guess a broad tail or Allens. But i did not care. i love them all. I am besotted with hummingbirds and I can't wait to get home because I know my daughter is letting that feeder mildew and killing my hummingbirds. I am never leaving home again. Unless someone pays for another trip to England

Related Posts with Thumbnails