Tuesday 25 May 2010

And now we have the bird with less expensive taste





Yep, another humingbird. Hey, it's a novelty for me so it's probably something you'll be putting up with off and on.

Or we could ignore the bird and do something truly Canadian; we could talk about the weather. Oh let"s.

Spring lasted about ten minutes this year. I was still wearing layers at night, when walking the pups, only a little more than a week ago but today made a point of driving the car with the better air-conditioning because I was picking up a few groceries. Note the date. There was a severe heat warning in effect at the Centre of the Universe...you know, where I used to live....this afternoon. Note the date. I feel lousy for the dogs though as they were used to going in the house from their walks, each promptly finding a vent with the a/c blasting up to cool their bellies. The a/c in this house consists of opening all doors and windows for the cross-ventilation.
My apologies to the person reading this who has no cross-ventilation. I am NOT smirking. Honest. Maybe a little.



Ah, well, we'll all get used to it. What else is there to do, really.



And here I sat for another minute visualizing the dogs, trying to cool down, stuck to the window-screens like the toys you see stuck on car windows... um, yeh. I should go now.

And maybe tomorrow a flower. Hey, now there's something for you to live for.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails