Saturday 16 October 2010

As promised...

Well, I did say earlier that I'd post. What I'll post is another thing altogether, but I'll see what I can manage.

First, though, I'd like to draw your attention to the artfully blurry photo to the left of Lumpy Penny taking care of the facial grooming. Purposely blurry, yes. I turned off the flash to see if I could get the weird shadows the light from the window was causing. Was it worth it? Well, no, but if it had been worth it the picture wouldn't be pointless and the blog would turn into a pumpkin.

We can't have that. It's not Halloween quite yet.

So. Posting. I've already said sorry to my two fans for the almost non-existent blogging that happened this week, so I won't bother with it again. It was a combination of things, really. A bit of busyness at work (one of the few disadvantages of not having a computer at home is that work-busy means blog-poor. A pretty tiny disadvantage, I think everyone will agree), and a bad pain week that put me completely out of the mood for blather even when I did have the time.

Funny thing about pain. I have a little bit of pain most of the time which, for the most part, is pretty easy to deal with. I'm the first to admit that I don't rank very high (probably fairly near the bottom, really) on the chronic pain sufferers list. What I have, I can handle.

Until it changes.

Old pain, the brain accepts. New pain, the brain obsesses over. It's always THERE. I mean, yeah, it's a good thing that the brain notices pain because if it didn't we'd likely all be walking around with various body parts missing, but when the conscious brain knows exactly what's wrong and that it will eventually sort itself out but the subconscious brain is whining I'm in paaaain... the whole thing gets tiresome in a hurry.

I've been in a state, is what I'm saying. And it wasn't exactly the bliss one.

Oh, and I should also be saying for the benefit of any of you who might be wondering what the heck is going on, don't worry about it. My bad ankle rearranges itself every so often, and it takes a while for the rest of my leg to figure out how to react. It's happened before; it'll happen again. No biggie, except that this has been an annoyingly long go this time around.

Anyway. I guess that's the state of things in blatherworld, and this managed to turn into an actual post after all. Yay me.

I guess I'll leave you with a look at the aftereffects of a well-groomed face. From the looks of it I'd say it's not exactly what she had in mind.

And of course there's always an idiot with a camera there the moment you're not looking like the star you really are...

1 comment:

smudgers said...

oh foolish woman - say what you will about my cat. She's beeeeeyutiful! Full stop.

Related Posts with Thumbnails