Sunday 24 October 2010

I'm obviously not W.C. Fields


I don't mind sharing the post with animals ... tho' I guess I do draw the line at children. And if you don't get the reference, there's always Google.

As you can see from the deck boards on this side of the gate, it's wet out there and it's probably only one of maybe four times it's rained all season. Who knew my consciousness would ever be wrapped around "well the corn farmers must be loving this weather".

The critter in the middle, by the way, is Duchess' friend. She -again, the middle critter- is the equivalent of that six-year-old kid from down your own block who appears from virtually nowhere to ask "whatcha doing" when all you want is peace and quiet. Seriously.

The cheesie solar light you see is to help prevent my body coming into contact with the ground during our last, erm, call of duty before bed. There is a perfectly good electrical fixture which lights that part of the stoop but, see, you'd have to have your wits about you to flick the switch on the way out. I've tried mind control from outside when I've forgotten and not been overly successful.

And look, another glimpse into life in the country....which by the way is truly seeping in .... that I actually live in the country now. Why didn't someone tell me?

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

ps, when did you move out into the country? Whose dogs are those besides your Dads. Thanks for telling me about the photo uploading. I thought it was our internet provider here at the campground in Murphy N.C. Trying to tell me I was abusing the free internet. I love it up here in the Tenn./N.C. mts. We are seriously looking for a house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails